Keep it REAL!
CONFETTI make for great photos and memories, but not all is created equally.
Something as small as confetti can have a big impact on your wedding and the environment.
Consider the follow before picking your confetti.
- Check with the venue – what they do and do not permit. This is important as it could affect your “vision” for the Big Day!
- Never use glitter – it gets suck in everywhere and could be harmful to the environment and if inhaled in error when tossing.
- Not all “natural” confetti are created equally, so be careful.
- Petals and herbs are a great biodegradable option but could be very costly.
- Coconut! Maybe try coconut shavings.
- What look are you going for?
- Be prepared to still clean up!
For confetti ideas...........
Bird seed – Bird seed was used long before rice was. And its returning! Why not feed the wildlife on your special day! Just be careful as guests can slip on it if on the wrong surface.
Popcorn – like summer snow
Paper – you can go with biodegradable
Wood shavings – fine wood shavings which can be stained any colour of your choice.
Bubbles - If you have your heart set on bubbles, do not despair, you can get them made out of environmentally friendly detergent.
Leaves – cut into pretty shapes or keep the whole. They work beautifully for autumn rustic or even boho weddings, all the different colour autumn leaves
Feathers – dropped from high enough could be a beautiful affect. Picture the Bride and Groom walking out the front door of the chapel and 100’s of beautiful white (or any other colour) feathers is drop over them.
Petals and herbs – the closer you can get to natural material the better. A ‘dried herb” sendoff smell is amazing!!! Just imagine a warm summers day and the heat igniting the scent of the herbs and the rose petals. Try and get your florist to freeze-dry your petals and herbs as they retain their rich colour, and will not wilt, stain, or slip. They smell good and vibrantly colourful. A lot eco-friendlier than rice. Good for the ground and surrounding areas. This will give off a beautiful sent.
Rice – can be coloured. Caution slip on if on the wrong surface. Has been said to be harmful to birds, even though there is not scientific proof of this. Guest can slip on the rice to. Even the sharp points could cause issues which you don’t want or need on your big day.